Hyderabad is the fourth largest and most populated city in India. It attracts a growing number of travelers thanks to the many historical monuments and cultural sites. At the same time the city is also into the focus of the outsourcing and the IT companies that open their offices here. The city of Hyderabad is very well connected to all parts of the world and the country by air, rail and road.
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
That is the name of the new airport serving Hyderabad city. The air hub is set 22 km away from the city and has large airport car parking zone. The old airport of Hyderabad at Begumpet is closed. Travelers say that Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is one of the well-organized airports in India and the best one in terms of aviation facilities. Airport delays are not common and the available airport map is clear. There is an airport shuttle and airport rentals that travelers can use. The city is reached via an elevated expressway and the ride takes only 20 minutes.
International and Domestic Flights
Many countries have direct connection from and to Hyderabad. The international carriers that operate from Rajiv Gandhi Airport include Hyderabad are Air India, British Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Oman Air, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Etihad Airways, Silk Air, and Thai Airways. The domestic connections are also good from Hyderabad Airport. The Indian airlines that operate from here include Air India and Air India Express, Indigo Airlines and Indian Airlines, Kingfisher Airlines, JetLite and SpiceJet.
Airport shuttle and Car Rental Hyderabad Airport
The airport shuttle makes stops at several major zones in the city of Hyderabad, including Begumpet, Secunderabad, Hi-Tec City, Charminar and Mehdipatnam. The airport rentals allow a free program. On the airport site can be found offices of Hertz car rental and Avis car rental, Alamo car rental and National car rental, and also offices of Sixt car rental, Enterprise car rental, Thrifty car rental and Dollar car rental.
Those travelers that plan to take a taxi should be careful and go on prepaid taxi or metered radio cab. Scams are possible with taxis that work on very high rates. That is why travelers would be better off if they go with the rental vehicles. Automobile hire is possible at the booth just before walking outside of the airport. Thanks to that travelers can pay in advance and avoid price situations and misunderstandings.
Driving in Hyderabad
- Since Hyderabad lacks an express highway there are many traffic jams during the rush hours. It is believed that when the new ring road (160km) is completed, the traffic situation will become better.
- Driving in Hyderabad is interesting as there are all kinds of vehicles on the roads.
- Several flyovers are under construction and are planned to act as connections between the arterial roads.
Hyderabad Driving Tips
- In Hyderabad drivers are not that good at driving and usually do not follow the road rules. Travelers who get an auto hire should know that and be careful.
- Finding an affordable car hire in Hyderabad is possible – there is budget to luxurious car booking and the charge is done per kilometer.
- Three rules are a must and drivers should be aware of them. Drunk driving is prohibited! All kids under the age of 8 should have a special car seat. Also no kids under 12 are allowed to sit in front.
When all the requirements are taken into consideration and a vehicle is organized through one of the airport rentals, then travelers should make a plan about the things they want to see in Hyderabad city.
Car Rental Deals are waiting for you at Hyderabad Airport. Which vehicle hire will suit you most?